Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Kiss controversy



I have been waiting for this to happen, and it happened. I was about to think that Indian society is not as stupid as I thought it would be. Well, I have been proven wrong again, not surprisingly, both for me and for India.

No, I am not upset about a good for nothing singer, leeching on his brother's fame, kissing a nude tramp! I would be really happy if all the leeches kiss all the tramps and go and jump off the cliff, for all I care. What gets my goat is the 24 hour obsessive coverage this news is getting all over India.

Mumbai, June. 11 (PTI): Bollywood "Item girl" Rakhi Sawant, who was recently in news for alleged obscenity during her stage show at Kolhapur in western Maharashtra, has accused Mika, brother of pop singer Daler Mehendi, of molesting her at a private function here early today, police said.


The infamous kiss is here:


I have this pet theory that the society is going to the dumps, if people become more important than the issues it faces.

No sir, we have'nt solved the AIDS problem and also we dont have clue about the problem of female infanticide, why are we wasting out time talking to you? Let's get back to the telly, Famous Khan has been spotted coming out of Slutty Chopra's house.

I just hope that I don't sound like a ol'fart when I say "These are the end of the times". Well it has happened before, Romans were busy in their orgies when they were overthrown, Moguls were taking communal showers in bath houses when their palaces were cleaned out by British.

This media whoring is pretty common in North America, heck more people voted for American idol than thier presidential polls. The missing white girl Hathaway got 24 hour coverage for more than 100 days. These countries can afford this indulgence in their stupidity, But Can India? Let's ask the striking doctors in AIIMS, the rickshaw puller on the sidewalks of Bombay, the farmer buying pesticide to commit suicide and the prostitute dying with AIDS in a damp and dark corner reeking with urine in a brothel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home