Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Seema Cafe, Seema Center, Nellore



Who ever reads my Blog, I guess, would have this question, why did I name my Blog Seema-Cafe? No self respecting person from Nellore would ask me this question. Seema Cafe or Seema ceter is 'The-hangout' place for a Nellorian.

Its in the heart of Nellore, on Trunk road and serves awesome milky tea in the greasy dirty glasses. Sometimes I wonder what gives the tea there that tatse? The grease on the glasses? The unwashed saliva ? The cheap soap with which it was washed? or just the magic of that place? No idea, but anyways the tea tasting is a must for anyone visiting Nellore.

Seema Center is the place where all the barriers are collapsed, economic, social and no i wouldn't say gender. I haven't seen girls and women hanging out there. At least till three years ago, when I visited it last time. You could spot a rickshaw puller arguing about the subtle politics of Telagana moment with the sitting MLA. You could also see a big Landlord and a day labourer standing under same tree and drinking from the same set of greasy glasses discussing the newly released Chiranjeevi movie.

Seema center as whole comes up with a better election results prediction than any Delhi based Psephologist. During the election results time, a local paper would always make a reporter sit there and drink Tea and constantly report the latest predictions from under the tree near Seema Cafe.

I have lost touch with the crowd that hangs out near Seema center. Almost all of my Friends have moved of Nellore and only very few of them hang out there. i therefore dont hangout there that often, but I make it a point to go there when ever I am there and taste the milky tea in the greasy cup.

So my friends that's why I named my Blog Seema-Cafe, part nostalgia, part admiration and part yearning to be standing under the tree and to discuss the fine points of the climax in the latest Chiranjeevi release in Nellore.

3 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Krishna Kumar said...

hi pavan anna...nenu Nellore bhulonne...and Nellore BLogger ne...nee blog ni mana Nellore web-site lo choosa...and munduga neeku naa Namashkaralu...mana seema center nijam ga super anna...eni pub lu unna,restaurant lu unna seema fame seema de...

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh ya I used to hang out there back in 80s, all the way till 90 more or less. Used to buy Red Wills to smoke and used to step away in to a nehiboring side street occasionally to smoke a Johnny. Back then not many smoked Johnnies and I was one of the rebels that did. Oh well, life was sleepy back then in Nellore, not many vehicles after 9 in the evenning. Last time I was there could not stand the rush of humanity, oh well everything changes and hope it's all for good. Must say in Nellore tradition "Long Live Seema Center".

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh ya I used to hang out there back in 80s, all the way till 90 more or less. Used to buy Red Wills to smoke and used to step away in to a neighboring side street occasionally to smoke a Johnny. Back then not many smoked Johnnies and I was one of the rebels that did. Life was sleepy back then in Nellore, not many vehicles after 9 in the evenning. Last time I was there could not stand the rush of humanity. Oh well everything changes and hope it's all for good. Must say as in Nellore tradition "Long Live Seema Center".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home