Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Trendmeisters


I found this somewehere on the web, when trolling for Ideas on trends.
Serial trendmeisters are professionals who have built huge careers off correctly reading trend after trend after trend, and building business after business around them. One-time trendmeisters are more or less ordinary people who spotted a trend, took the time to really understand it, and then turned that understanding into a fortune.


If you think, most of the succesful people, not only businessmen even scientists sports-persons, are trendmeisters.

Continuing this line of thought, Do trendmeisters differ from trend-setters? I think so. According to me, trendmesiters are trend-spotters, specialing in spotting trend-setters. Almost like the talent scouts scouting the minor leagues for next Barry Bonds or Wayne Gretzky.

I also read somewhere that every company worth its salt employees these trend-spotters hoping to catch the wave early. Then what's the difference between these Trend-spotters and trendmeisters? It would be easy to say that Trendmeisters are successful while these employed trend-spotters are not! Well, who am I to make a judgement anyways?

I suck at spotting trends, I have been in lookout for the next big thing for a while. I thought that the next big thing in car audio would be DVDs with thousands of songs, and I completely missed the boat on iPods. iPods caught me off gaurded, I use my iPod in my car regulaarly and juked all my scartched and scorthced CDs. I now know what I am not going to do for living!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home