Friday, June 02, 2006

I am going to be implanted with a chip!



LiveScience.com - Proposal to Implant Tracking Chips in Immigrants

" Responding to the Bush administration's call to know "who is in our country and why they are here," he proposed using VeriChip RFID implants to register workers at the border, and then verify their identities in the workplace. He added, "We have talked to many people in Washington about using it...."


Wouldn't that be something to call home about (pun intended)? Getting implanted with a RFID tag, which would track me where ever I go, what ever I do, judge me on whom I meet, grimace the way I eat and remind to call my mum? I do travel to US often, for conferences and pleasure . Now I am worried and I dont fancy to be branded and tracked, is this what the Land of the free and brave has come to?

Sir Orwell, your 1984 caught up with us in 2006. BTW, it just took us 12 years to prove you right, and you were worried that 1984 would never happen.



Free enough to tag every foreigner and brave enough to be afraid of every one with different (TM) colour skin? Well, this has been done in Europe in 30s and 40s and we all know how well it worked. I guess we will have designated areas for all "branded" to live, oh yeah for our safety and convenience.

If only I could I would never travel to USA again, but It's the country which is forefront of everything, where innovation happens, where Future is made and I want to be the part of the dream. I don't want to be robbed of my share of destiny just because I was born in a different country.

I don't want to be greeted at the Border with "How do you feel to be branded?" I want to be greeted with "Welcome to USA, land the free and brave!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home