Monday, January 17, 2005

The Hindu : Front Page : Godhra fire accidental, says Banerjee panel
As I was reading this news, I kept asking myself this question, is truth absolute? If there is only one truth why are we having so many versions of it?
If Godhra fire was accidental why wasn't this made public then and there itself? The worst riots in Indian history would have never happened. We would have spared the shame of carrying around this Godhra mark in our history text books.
So should I belief this commission now? What if BJP wins again and comes with anew report saying that Godhra was pre-planned cold blooded conspiracy? So, all this killings are justified instantly?
Whom should I believe? The news reports of thousands of Muslims storming the compartment and burning it down? The secular press even offered reasons for this storming, The Hindus kidnapped an young daughter of Muslim tea vendor from Godhra platform. They hit an elderly chai wala when he asked them to ay for the tea they drank. So, now all these stories are false? So no one kidnapped a Muslim girl? No one hit Rahim chacha? So, no Muslims crowd storming the compartment? Why aren't anyone asking questions?
No one feeling betrayed as I am?
In fact the fire was supposedly caused by people cooking inside the compartment it seems. I am believing this report on its face value and I am mad at BJP government then, for jumping into conclusion and allowing this massacre to happen.
Whom can we turn to when people we elect betray us? We have no where to go except to wait for an other election to come along, and after that for an other 5 years. I don't so any hope at all.
Singing off sharing my pessimism...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home