Sunday, January 09, 2005

A Love letter...
DP, my very good friend is a quintessential romantic. He fells in Love at every available occasion. At school he has been all over all the inhabitants in the girls hostel even their cook. His Love letters are legendary.
He is a Reuters fellow in Stanford right now and has written a love letter which he says is a 'literary piece' but I have my own doubts.
I couldn't stop laugh after reading this love letter, I bet the girl would laughed out too. The best is when he talks about songs being more meaningful in spite of bad music. Read the letter and enjoy.

Dear Princess,

Yesterday was special. You called me.

I once again feel hopeless in fighting my attraction for you. I don’t really know why I am fighting it in the first place. Why am I standing up-or seemingly so- against something perfectly natural?

I think I know now why ‘I love you’ is such a magic phrase. I just want to whisper it softly to you again and again. Oh, how badly do I want to tell you I love you. Why do I feel so strongly about you, so hopelessly attracted to you. Will I ever be happy without you? Will I ever stop thinking about you..

I feel so miserable at times, that I haven’t seen you for so long, that I am eventually not going to see you everyday, that I may never really be able to connect with you deeply. How can I be spiritual without meeting you, my spiritual self?

Love is so stupid. The surest way to make yourself miserable, yes I mean it, miserable, unless you are a lucky one. Why can’t I just love another girl? Why do I find you so irreplaceable?

I think of these questions everyday. I think of them all the time. I fight my thoughts of you, and fail, everyday. Somewhere inside it secretly makes me happy, because it leaves hope for me. The hope for a day when you will reciprocate my feelings; when you will know how deeply I am in love with you, and that will mean something to you – something as precious as I find the soft sound of your breath on the phone.

When I am walking on the roads here, I think of you walking beside me. The roads are good, and I think they deserve you walking on them. You are so naturally elegant, and they are elegant too, though man-made, and in a different way. I am the strange man walking on an elegant road with an elegant, virtual companion.

I suddenly see new meaning in songs. I discover what they really meant, and like them despite the bad music. I like them when they express my soul. I don’t imagine myself singing the songs to you. I just find them singing out my heart to you.

I am a fair man, and I believe my love for you is pure and true. That is why it just refuses to subside. It just keeps getting strong and more vigorous everyday.

Why am I making such a big deal of an attraction for you? Isn’t this a crush that will pass by? Maybe. But I am not making anything of it, it’s just beyond my control. Love is complete loss of control. Love is surrendering myself to you, completely. Do whatever you want to me. I am just happy in the beauty of my love for you.

Don’t love me if you don’t feel like it deep in your heart. Don’t ever try to cultivate a love for me. If it doesn’t happen by itself, then its not there. If there is a seed of love for me in your heart, nothing can stop it from blossoming. Not even you.

I will take your rejection, but not your pity. Rejection is natural, pity isn’t. Just ask me to go away. Just tell me simply, directly. I will take it.

I just hope I will have the courage to show you this letter some day.

Thinking of you morning, day and night. You are with me every moment of my life.

-DP

Dp can be reached at his website www.dpsmiles.org . He is a very good writer too, please do read his stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home