Saturday, December 18, 2004

The new crusade of moral brigade is to bring back 'Christ' back to Christmas. Newyork Times has a good writeup on this topic.
The New York Times > Week in Review > Holiday Wars: Does Christmas Need to Be Saved?
The moral people emboldened by the recent victory in recent US presidential elections, want now to make it "Merry Christmas" not "Happy Holidays". Myseld being not very religious doesn't really mind if anyone wishes me Happy holidays. What upsets me if my tax dollars are used to celebrate any religious holiday. Its ok to celebrate christamas in schools. It should be also ok to celebrate other festivals of there religions too. I for one would welcome this change.
The trend seems to be to bring back the religion into daily life. Thats a slippery slope my friend. Thats what Taliban did, that's what Iran's mullah did, Thats what is happening in Pakistan.
Then teaching evolution would be 'amoral' and the sex education would be a bad thing. Where would the ball stop rolling? Then 'Ten Commandments' would be becopme absolute law. May be I am being paranoid, but if the goal of this brigade is to bring religion back then is there any stoping them?
These people use religion and morality interchangeably, which is my major gripe.
I Guess they would never understnd that morality is not absolute and every culture their own set of moral standards. I guess we have an another dark age looming at us, I dont see much hope....
As Marx said religion is the opium of masses and these days we have this opium in abundance and consumption has increased many times. I just want to be spared of this intoxication. Scary reality is my cup of tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home