Saturday, March 26, 2005

Where do I stand?


I was having a discussion with my friends on the new patent law passed by the Indian parliament last night and strangely I was defending it. When I started arguing, I was against it and then somehow I saw it made sense.

If India wants to have any thing to do with WTO, we have to follow the rules. No matter how important cheap generic life saving drugs are to the world, we should respect the intellectual property rights of the people who made them. Well, I digress. What I was thinking before I started to right this blog was where do I stand in the political spectrum?

Am I a leftist flaming heart liberal liberal? No, I hate unions and I believe in capitalism.
Am I am a right wing nut? No, I hate religion and I hate corporations.
Am I am a centrist? No, I so opinionated to be playing in the center.

What am I then? No Idea, I keep changing my position depending on the issue. If I ever run for presidency I will sure be greeted with flip-flops. People like predictability, They would like to know where you stand, so that they react ironically 'predictably'.

On a personal note, I have started writing a column in CUE magazine, a local Calgary magazine. Do read it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home