Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Mysterious Beasts


I was reading an amusing article about a farmer who shot this mysterious animal and he thought it was Chupacabra, but it was found out to be a coyote. He refusing to believe this.


Chupacabra or an ugly coyote?

This reinforces my hypothesis that we *choose* what to believe. The UFO, ghost and Elvis sightings are mainly by the believers and rarely by the skeptics/scientists?

Our brains have evolved into being one of the most prolific pattern recognition filters. The raw data is fitted with a pattern which we want to fit and as a result we see a pattern, which want to see, if you ask me this whole process is biased extensively and not be believed.

Suppose, if I am walking through a cemetery on a new moon night and I am scared, all I would be hearing are ghostly noises and ghostly sounds, because that's what I want to hear, subconsciously. Every culture has this mystery beast, the Lochness monster keeps the Scots either drunk or sober, the Monkey man keeps Indians dancing and this chupacabra keeps the Mexicans on their tenterhooks.

If this chupacabra is an illusion,Why cant God be an illusion? That's a question for you folks to chew on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home