Thursday, March 03, 2005

Indian Democracy!

This phrase, 'Indian democracy' is sadly turning into an oxymoron, or it should be called democracy Indian ishtyle. We go around beating the drum and singing the same old song of largest democracy in the world.

Look at what's happened in Jharkhand and Bihar. Both of these states are hung, Bihar more hopelessly than Jharkhand. In Jharkhand BJP led alliance has crossed the half way mark and should be called by the governor to form the government, but, what do we idiots know? The governor Rizvi, at allegedly advice of Sonia Gandhi invited Soren who has less than 36 MLAS in his basket to form the government, the plan is too woo the independents with plum ministrial assignments.

This is what democracy cooked in Indian ishtyle. I would be really saddened if Manmohan Singh, who I respect, is involved in this rape of constitution. I believe Sonia is involved. According to Rediff, the main culprits of Jharkhand Mess are Arjun Singh and Foetedar, the main priests in the Temple of Sonia.

Rahul Gandhi, our future prime minister, good for nothing, born with a golden spoon, Prince of India, thought that he will protest against the opposition raising hue and cry in parliament against the governor action in Jharkhand. Was he sleeping or high on Columbian Cocaine when his mother was protesting and leading walk outs everyday when she was the leader of opposition?

Be proud my fellow Indians, British left their governor general saying that we can't govern ourselves, an Amnesty International member told me on my face that "How is it bad when we westerners teach you Indians a thing or two about human rights?" and now what? Pakistanis and Chinese consultants in Indian on matters of Democracy?

My head proudly hangs in shame.

1 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be proud my fellow Indians, British left their governor general saying that we can't govern ourselves, an Amnesty International member told me on my face that "How is it bad when we westerners teach you Indians a thing or two about human rights?" and now what? Pakistanis and Chinese consultants in Indian on matters of Democracy?

Hmmm, I was just reading your blog a bit Pavan, and was surprised to see this in your entry! I wish you had stuck to the factual aspects of our email conversation, but instead you relate my comments to British colonialism... a large logical leap to say the least. I usually wouldn't comment to this extent on someones blog... but there are a few things that are way too off base to leave be.

First, I didn't say that comment to your face. It was an email conversation, but if you want to add that for dramatic effect, then fine.

Second, I would have hoped, because it was an e-conversation, that you could have copied and pasted what I actually wrote, and not a grand grand misrepresentation of what I said

Third, the phrase "us Westerners" and "you Indians". In one stroke, you managed to reduce my identity to one that is nothing remotely close to Indian. We have both immigrated at some point in our lives, but I guess by virtue of having a Canadian accent, I become less "Indian" than you. Unfortunate, really.

Fourth, its interesting that in parts of your blog, you discuss issues of women's empowerment, development, human rights etc... are these not Western conceptions? It is the mouthpiece that matters then? If you call for these rights, its different than if I call for these rights?

Fifth, I am not an Amnesty International member. My current organizational affilation is AID. The same as you!

There are several other points that I would have brought up... but I think i made my point... See you at the meeting tomorrow!

Anita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home