Thursday, January 20, 2005

President Bush took oath as the 44th president of the US of A. The republican's are literally having a ball. It is estimated that they have spent $40 mil. On these festivities. If India were at war and if the government was spending this ostensible amount of money far patting each other backs, there would be huge backlash. The press would have thrown a tantrum. We Indians who are pretty complacent and lazy would become very active if we have to put down someone or something.

When BJP was in power it never had a day easy, there was some issue which would blown up day after each other. In Contrast congress is having it easy because it supposedly secular. I guess I wont get into the match we all Indians like to play "I am more secular than you". Congress has won the match right now with the communist parties lending some key batsmen. It's not a fair observation but whenever I think of communist parties in India, the image of a cunning fox comes into my mind. Its altleast fair for the fox! These parties are truly the bottom scrapers, and they are calling the shots, a truly sad affairs of state.

Would the pride be little lesser if the president took the oath is a little ceremony, and carried on as if its another day in his life and $40 ml. Going to the soilders' families if not for Tsunami victims? Has anyone seen this picture of a blood stained Iraqi girl? Apparently she was traveling with her parents in a car and they couldn't stop when asked to stop at a check stop. They were fired upon and both the parents were killed. One more sad story, I wonder day in day out when will I hear a good story? Or am I blocking out good news?


The injured and bloodied Iraqi Girl

I guess no price is too high to pay for freedom, even freedom itself! One moment playing "I spy" with her mum in the car and the next moment on the pavement in the pool of blood, try to wake her mum from death.

No price too high!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home