Monday, October 10, 2005

If only God were there!!


I lost my 'faith' sometime in late 2002 and early 2003. I found Dr.Reason and Lady logic more enlightening than Ganesha and Jesus. It has been not so rough sailing since then. I knew my moral bearings, I steered my ship off the obvious disasters which gets attributed to "'disbelievers" likes us.

Yesterday something happened, which may be is probably nothing, made me yearn for the presence of God. As I said earlier, I was a strong believer in a fair God and thought that the world He created is fair. I also believed that I wouldn't not be cheated and if somebody shortchanges me s/he will face 'the payback' some other time. If I were 'good' I will be rewarded by the this just God not only after death but during life time. Now as I have lost faith in this 'God' I feel lost, "is there any hope for being good?" I ended up crying into the empty skies where no flying pink unicorn or a an Elephant god mounted on a mouse were listening.

If only God were there,

  • Babies wouldn't have died under the rubble of falling buildings

  • Hitler and Osama Bin Laden wouldn't have existed

  • I would have got a undue advantage of all the praying, which, my family 'religiously' performs.

  • My streak of bad luck would have ended long ago

  • Ganesha would have jumped down from his mouse and would have made my miserable life a bit better


Alas! if only God existed. I so much want God to exist, I so much want a Divine plan to exist, I so much want a master planner sitting up there and making the moves up there.

If anyone else, who by chance, would read this tell me what they think?

2 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger R R said...

I update my blog daily, where I rant and rave for no reason, please do check it out.

nuh uh u don't. heh anyway, hello. i got your blog address from a friend of mine who holds you in extremely high regards. The name Amit Jhas ring a bell? He told me about you today and how you are an interesting characters with things to say, thoughts to express ... so i figured i'd read your compositions ... upon reading, i have a few questions myself :)

Who decides the definition of the word "fair"? Maybe it was fair for the world to have Hitler and Osama. Maybe it was fair for everyone to die in every natural disaster to date. Maybe that's what is really fair and what we ASSUME to be fair is unfair in fact? It's all a game of perception, is it not? Whatever you might deem fair might not be fair for someone else. So, whose definition of 'fair' would God listen to? Mother Teresa's or Hitler's? Everyone that He creates is apparently equal in His eyes, yeah? Just like all children are in their parents' eyes. Parents don't discriminate between their kids no matter how bad or good each one of them is. Can God? Again, maybe he can, maybe he can't. The list goes on .....

I believe the faith in God, the belief in a bigger power around us is to merely remind us of our fragility as a human being. We are alive n kickin today and we might not even be here tomorrow. You never know. We take solace in the fact that there is something out there that will take care of us during our bad times. Prayer doesn't get us immediate monetary rewards if we are going through a financial loss but it calms us down, helps us deal with the grief of loss, helps us accept the loss and perhaps encourage us to look at the positivity of the situation rather than focussing on the negatives. That's where religion/god/spiritualism comes in handy - knowing that there is a bigger power out there - utilizing that knowledge to help ourselves be content with what we have and help others whenever and however we can.

questions/comments/arguments/swear words? hehe all can be directed to infamousbrat at gmail dot com ;)

roop

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger R R said...

'n oh im on blogger too
http://infamousbrat.blogspot.com
i also go to university of calgary ... undergrad still ... t'was a pleasure to meet ya! heh :)

cheers
roop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home